Located in the chic Marylebone district of central London, Nobu Hotel, London Portman Square is the most recent European opening for the iconic global brand synonymous with luxury and elegance.
The hotel has 249 contemporary rooms and suites whilst the exceptional menus, pioneered by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, are offered from a choice of venues including the Nobu Restaurant, Bar, Terrace and Lounge.
- The kitchen is located on the first floor and had to achieve the international 'brand' standard that distinguishes Nobu restaurants around the world.
- To meet the demanding requirements of the kitchens, the equipment had to be robust, high performance and flexible to respond to the range of menus offered throughout the venue.
- There are 200 seats in the restaurant, 70 in the bar and terrace and a further 80 seats available in The Lounge.
- Various limitations imposed by the available space and services in the kitchen necessitated customised configuration of suited gas and electric equipment.
- In addition, the kitchen pass is open and therefore aesthetics were an important element of the proposal, in line with the elegance and design of the restaurant.
- The Ambach System 850 line was the right choice to best satisfy Nobu's requirements. Modularity, performance and ease of cleaning thanks to the hygienic joining system, full H3 bases and the cooking suites designed to seamlessly incorporate the structural limits of the building.
- The solution included:
- Main kitchen: open burners, grill, oven, fryers, pasta cooker, grill, plancha and salamander
- Satellite kitchen: open burners, oven, fryer, plancha and salamander
- Suited banqueting equipment: tilting gas bratt pans, static gas kettles, open burners, gas fryers, grill and plancha
- Ambach worked in partnership with design consultant Graham Barrie and the project management team at Berkeley Projects, ensuring the project was delivered on schedule and within budget.
- “Ambach supplies a wide range of gas and electric equipment suitable for both banquet kitchens and those offering a la carte catering. System 850 was the perfect choice for Portman Square. They supported me in all phases of the project and the end result is fantastic and represents excellent value for money”, says Graham Barrie - Graham Barrie Design.
- “Ambach offer an unmatched quality of finish and an ideal combination of functionality and elegance which made the installation a pleasure” adds Oliver Tuff from Berkeley Projects Ltd. “Nothing was too much trouble for Toby Magness and his aftersales team”.
- “Ambach equipment is versatile, robust and simple to use; we have full control of the kitchen and they are also easy to clean, ”says Michael Paul - Executive Chef, Nobu Hotel, London Portman Square.